Thursday, September 13, 2012

Eclipse Call Graph (You Can Sometimes Get What You Want)

Just stumbled upon a blog post. The usual list of the usual tricks. All the usual shortcuts mentioned, refactoring, Find Type, etcetera. Yawn, seen it, used it.

But at the end of the section I was reading, the Ctrl-Alt-H key combination in Eclipse was mentioned, which shows a static Call Graph (a tree really). Yes!

The thing is that I've been wanting this and been looking for this, but not been able to find it, and given up. In my Eclipse, it's not shown in the context menu, oddly. That's some really bad 'discoverability', grumble, grumble. So I thats why I make a blog post simply to repeat the message. 

Thanks Cygni blogger, whose name I've forgotten already! (Not in English: http://cygni.se/2007/11/27/eclipse-tips-och-tricks/.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment